Saturday 24 November 2007

Yogi's week


This week has been a good one for Yogi, apart from last Monday when I thought that the session at the vets distressed him. He has been feeling pretty much on top of the world I think. His sleeping pattern has improved so much that he probably only gets up once in the night to go to the toilet and last night he didn't wake at all. When he does wake up though, he generally needs a snack to see him through to the morning (or so he says :o). His appetite is still as voracious as ever and he seems to need constant refueling at every possible opportunity. He has ways and means of making himself clear too. While watching television the other night, Yogi was sat at my feet. I noticed he was watching me intently, I was gazing somewhere over the top of his head doing my utmost not to make eye contact I had just sat down, he had been walked, fed and fussed so thought that just for a short while I could have a "moment". Not allowed in Yogi's book. His eyes bored into me, when he realized that they weren't making any difference, he tried scooting round a bit to the left, still on his bottom, neck elongated (for maximum effect) trying to find a space in my eyeline. A couple more shifts to the right and then backwards followed by a tiny whine and I was lost :o) Laughing at his antics he got his way and won (again) I went off to the kitchen, got him his snack. THEN he was a contented dog.
His wound is also healing well, there are a couple of raised bits, but it's not open anymore.

Also, Allyson spoke to John and he has agreed that Yogi can reduce his time spent at vets, providing he responds well to the chemo. So he will go in at 11, have his chemo and any other tests he needs, then come home around 1. THAT is fantastic.

I'm not sure where this came from, but since he has lived with us he has had a lovely habit of sucking things, almost like sucking a dummy. He will suck, his eyes go dreamy and he seems to go into a sort of trance. It's gorgeous to watch. For a while when he was first ill, he wasn't interested. Now he is back to suckling which is brilliant. It seems to calm him. Here he is with his favourite toy...

2 comments:

Lesley Rigby said...

Hi Fiona,

I am so pleased for both of you that everything is going well. What a little character he is. I can just imagine you collapsing into the chair and then Yogi wants his snack! The art of persuasion is cleverly mastered!!

Anonymous said...

He's outrageously sweet! I'm so pleased that he's had a good week, and is back to sucking his teddies!