Tuesday 6 November 2007

6th November

A good nights sleep at last. Even though Yogi woke me up at midnight for a wee. The lovely thing was that as he was passing his food bowl, he stuck his head in to see if there was anything there and was lucky. There were some bits left over and he gobbled them up. That made it all worth while getting up :o). In the morning he was still bright, wanted to go out for a walk and wanted breakfast. For the first time in 2 weeks he followed me round while I was preparing both his and Larry's breakfast (Larry is a Border Collie who is Yogi's constant companion, although not keen on people, other than his immediate family, he is genuinely fond of his furry friend). I am wondering whether to give Yogi his vast quantity of pills first or to watch him enjoy a hearty breakfast first. Afraid that my needs won and I fed him. Lovely to see him eat. But then I had scuppered my chances of getting him to eat 11 pills in food. No matter, i will just slip them down his throat (I naively thought). Yogi had other ideas and I got bitten. Well not so much bitten as his jaws closed around my finger. Much blood and worry later, plus some leather gloves and a determined air, he had swallowed most of them. I have decided I need a better plan so plan B will be formed (when I can think of it :o)

No comments: