Wednesday 21 November 2007

Loss

I have just been reading s post about loss and moving on. I really know how he feels but have no idea what to say to add any comfort. The only thing I can say is it takes time to accept, not "get over" but just accept what has happened, but I'm sure he knows that already. Losing a loved one (pet or person) leaves such a massive hole and memories that inevitably come thick and fast seem impossible to deal with. I find Christmas especially hard and I am afraid I am a bit of a "bah humbug" at this time of year. If I could go to sleep about now and wake on 2nd January that would do me fine. Yes, I know I am a miserable git :o). I think that the problem is everyone "expects" everyone to be ecstatically happy, more so than the rest of the year (obviously). It puts a sort of pressure that automatically makes me think of times past when that animal/friend/relative was still with me.
Graham, ignore me, Tilly will see you through and you KNOW that Prince will still be with you both.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Fiona - you're very kind.

Lesley Rigby said...

Fiona,
Here is another one who feels exactly the same as you over Christmas. You couldn't have described my feelings better. I hope dearest Yogi is still feeling well today and being a good boy taking his medicine! Lots of Love to all of you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx