Friday 28 March 2008

Larry is back in business!

This week has been a turning point. Larry is back in the land of the living and not just a dog who looks like he is about to give up. Right now he is lying near me as I type away. Cannot quite describe how happy that makes me. It started on Monday when he came up and pinched my sock. Since then he has never looked back. He has had a shower too! He loves to be showered and when he realised it was his turn, he was there! Each morning he has been up to perform "his dance" as well. At first, he would just pop up for the dance and then shoot downstairs again. Now, he is back to hanging about with the humans wherever they may be. What a result. I never realised losing Yogi would have such a devastating effect on him but it just goes to show how important the relationships are that dogs create with each other even if they don't show it like we do. Toys are back on his agenda too. Honky the pheasant has been pretty much redundant over the last month, now he is being shaken with the best of them!
I feel like I have my friend back again.....

Are we on a turning point too? A bit cautious to say the least but this week mum has written her complaint letter to the hospital and is out and about with Fudge and enjoying her "new" car. So she must be feeling more positive. We all clubbed together and bought her a newer car so that she and Fudge could enjoy a bit more comfort as they went about their business. Also, as it is more modern, the steering would be lighter for her following her mastectomy. Less than 2 weekes after the op she is driving again - amazing woman.

I am praying that we can all have a bit of peace and tranquility now.
Fingers crossed....

I have been reading a Angela and Ari's blog and you both seem to be having a tough time at the moment. Just so you know, I am thinking of you both and hoping things get better for you soon.

P.S. How can I be so useless?....I have just burnt spaghetti. Oh well, I'm sure some of it must be edible :o)

4 comments:

Linda Seid Frembes said...

Glad to hear that everyone, including mum and Larry, are feeling better. Truly, the dark times don't last forever.

Have a nice weekend and give Larry a hug for me!

HandH said...

A dog that likes showers?! I'm happy he's happy- and maybe he'll eat burnt spaghetti too?

Fiona said...

Larry does love showers, I was quite amazed the first time he had one too! And surprisingly enough, he enjoyed burnt spag as well!! not a lot goes to waste in this house.

Lesley Rigby said...

Hi Fiona,

What a happy uplifting post! It's great to know your Mum is doing well (what a woman!), and Larry is making you laugh once more. He doesn't like to see you unhappy and he has seen what stealing the sock did for you. He has been doing some deep thinking!! Of course he is missing Yogi but he has also seen you very sad.