Saturday 22 March 2008

26 days later....

Well, it's been 26 days since Yogi died. I cannot say that they are getting too much easier for me. Sometimes it's Ok and I can think of him without crying. Sometimes it is just so overwhelmingly painful.

People's reactions can be a bit off too. One "friend" said "oh well, you have another one don't you?" A couple of others have said things like "oh, what a shame, he was the nice one wasn't he?" Last night, one insensitive g!t said that Larry's behavioural issues should be dealt with with a shotgun!!! He was joking but......Rich made a comment along the lines of.. when your child behaves differently, would you shoot it? Wish I could remain so calm. I felt like punching his lights out.

But of course there is the other side of the coin where some people have been lovely and very understanding.

Larry seems to be doing better, he still won't come upstairs though. I so miss him doing the shower dance in the mornings. That is where he would grab the bathmat and fling it against the shower door in time to the water hitting it :o). Yesterday, Rich brought him up on the lead and dance he did. As soon as the water was turned off though, he shot back downstairs. Maybe it will just take some time. He is playing more and I think Fudge being about is helping him. She is going back to Mum's on Monday and I wonder how he will be then....I think it will be another period of adjustment for him.
Since I am "Billy No Mates" this weekend, (Rich is off at some weirdo's convention - well a jazz /rock concert in Wales :o)) I am going to veg out on the sofa with my easter eggs, a glass of wine, my furry friends and settle down to watch Ashes to Ashes. Philip Glenister aka Gene Hunt is my hero just now....


Larry eating the insensitive g!t ......or is it just wishful thinking :o)Anyone for dessert?????

My beautiful baby who we all miss so very much.....

6 comments:

Lesley Rigby said...

Pity them Fiona. There is something which they haven't been touched by in their lives and they are just very incomplete people. You are so above the likes of them.

I simply couldn't function for a long, long time after Prince died. It has only been in the last few months that I have felt like even doing my housework again. You don't live - you survive. I know exactly how you are feeling but it takes time.

You seem to draw your happiness from doing things for others and helping them. The time probably isn't right now to take another dog, but in a kennel somewhere there is a little dog just as unhappy as you are, but he/she will wait for the day when you can take them home, love them, and make them very happy. Yogi would want you to do for another dog what you did for him...............and so don't wait too long. It would never take anything away from your love for Yogi and you know it wouldn't! Perhaps Larry would be helped in this way also.
Big hugs and loves, Lesley

Linda Seid Frembes said...

One foot in front of the other; that is how you move forward. Your heart will never be the same, but someday you will be able to remember him with a smile.

I hope you have a wonderful Easter holiday!

((HUGS))

Phil said...

Yeah, people who are not true animal lovers just don't fully understand! Poor Yogi ;[

I love Larry's shower dance - awesome :0)

Fiona said...

Hi Lesley, I know exactly what you mean about the housework or even looking after myself. Everything seems such an effort, sort of what's the point? I know it will get easier but right now? Well, you know what it's like. Thank you for your understanding. Sometimes I think I am going mad. It helps for someone to say, yes, that's what it does to you. I am sure there will be more dogs in the future and I know we could give a nice home to one (or two :o)). Just need to get myself together first. I think it would be unfair to bring in a (probably) unstable dog at the moment when I am feeling so unstable myself.

Hi Linda, that's what I am trying to do, put one foot in front of the other....keep tripping though :o(((

Hi Phil, (your blog name always makes me smile :o))) You should see his dance, for such a lazy collie he really puts in the effort here. Sometimes he misjudges the door and whacks his nose. It doesn't stop him though :o)

Fiona said...

Oh Linda, I meant to say how much I liked your Yoga teachers saying. What a wonderful thing to say. Thanks for passing it on.

Alison said...

Unfortunately it just takes time..I have been in your shoes a few times...I know how painful it is...in time I can think about our lost pets and smile....please know that I am thinking of you often.