Thursday 21 February 2008

Fuming with anger !

I have just taken Larry out for his evening stroll and yet again, completely unprovoked he has been attacked by a dog flying out of someone's house while he was on his lead!!! This is the 5th time in just over a year that one of my dogs has been attacked in this way. I cannot believe he absolute stupidity of some people when it comes to dog care. This time fortunately he was not hurt, just very traumatised. The dog is question was a Jack Russell, he managed to grab hold of Larry round the neck and just hang on. The owner came rushing out and pulled the dog off but poor Larry was scared witless. Lots of fur missing but no broken skin thankfully. Last year Larry was very badly mauled by a Dalmatian and I have been bitten trying to protect Yogi. I have had enough. Time to think about moving I feel.

6 comments:

Linda Seid Frembes said...

That is horrible! A similar incident happened to me one day when I was taking Watson out for an on-lead walk. A very wet retriever came bounding out from someone's backyard pool (across a busy street, no less), and jumped all over him. Watson didn't have a chance. I was yelling at the dog, and then at the owner who came to get him. Her response? "Chill out."

Aggravating.

Anonymous said...

Arrggghh - bloody idiots! Prince got attacked during his chemo too, and it would have been bad enough had he been well, but I was doubly furious at the injustice of it at a time when he had enough to deal with as it was.

Happy belated Birthday to the boys! It was great to hear about Yogis 'arrival.

Alison said...

I am so sorry Fiona. this happened to me before, only once, and I still remember the fear and the adrenaline rush...it was horrible. I am so glad Larry wasn't hurt!

Unknown said...

Oh my .....! Poor Larry! So glad his skin wasn't broken, but still how terrorizing. Hope he is getting over the shock. I would say the Jack Russell should wear a muzzle. Take care, all of you.

Lesley Rigby said...

That must have been a terrible shock for both of you but I'm so glad Larry was alright.
I would say report them to the police for having a dangerous dog but people like that would probably come round and throw a brick through your window (at the least!).
Buy yourself a walking stick with a good strong pointed tip and carry it with you when your dogs are out on the lead.

HandH said...

So sorry - happened to me a few times. With the Jack Russell attack, I explained how my dog could kill theirs, and they're very lucky he didn't, and all they'll have is the vet bill for damage... When the dog comes out of their house, at least you know where they live, and can ring the dog warden to report it. (Round here, people are a bit more careful after a terrier went up to my neighbour's gate and barked at the two staffies that live there. Staffy pulled dog under the gate and ripped its throat out. Dog warden said staffy was totally entitled to see off intruders, why wasn't terrier on lead?)